2020 Concord Township Road Program
Concord Township recently awarded the 2020 Road Program to Innovative Construction Services, Inc. (“Inncon”) of Folcroft, PA through a competitive, publicly advertised bid process. It is anticipated construction will begin the fourth week of June and last approximately eight (8) weeks, weather dependent.
The scope of work (subject to change) includes asphalt paving on the following streets:
- Spring Valley Road
- Lea Drive
- Concord Crossing Drive
- Huntsman Drive
- Bittersweet Drive
- Nellie Lane
- Beech Tree Drive
- Great Oak Drive
- Lacrue Avenue
- Evergreen Drive (between Route 1 and Route 322).
- minor curb replacement/installation on Cambridge Drive and Fellowship Drive;
- widening of Temple Road north of the School District access drive on Temple Road; and
- small gravel parking lots at the historic AME Church site on Spring Valley Road and the recently acquired Hall tract on Featherbed Lane.
- Vernon Lane
- Evergreen Drive
- Spring Valley Road
- the intersection of Cheyney/Concord Roads
- the intersection of Concord/Smithbridge Roads
- the intersection of Naaman’s Creek/Shavertown Roads
- the intersection of Naaman’s Creek/Pyle Road.
All residential streets will be posted several days in advance of any work, and access will be provided at all times, though temporary restrictions may be required, notably including a closure and detour of a portion of Spring Valley Road and possibly Lacrue Avenue.
All road projects are subject to change; especially due to weather conditions. Any questions or comments, please contact the Township Office at 610-459-8911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PennDOT should be contacted regarding any state roads that run through Concord Township.
Additionally, the Township has created a GIS-based map that indicates road program history in addition to this year’s anticipated work.
See it here: https://bit.ly/ConcordRoadProgramHistory
PennDOT Road Work
PENNDOT ROADWAY MAINTENANCE HOTLINE: 1-800-FIX-ROAD.
Visit the PennDOT District 6 web page for information regarding PennDOT road projects in and around Concord Township.
Any questions regarding permitted PennDot project work should be directed to the Delaware County PennDOT Permit Department at 610-480-1935.
All road projects are subject to change; especially due to weather conditions. PennDOT should be contacted regarding all state roads.
PennDOT reminds motorists they can check traffic conditions before heading out:
- Follow on Twitter: www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly
- Visit the website: 511pa.com, or
- call 511 from any phone.
Adaptive Traffic Signal System
Used in Concord Township, the InSync Adaptive Traffic Signal System, developed by Rhythm Engineering, utilizes video detection cameras for each intersection approach to determine how many vehicles are waiting in each lane, and how long they have been there. The system uses this information to decide which approach should receive a green light, and how long the green phase should last.