last updated: 05/04/2021
Township Building Open for Essential Business / Appointments ONLY!
Concord Township Municipal Offices are open for essential business and appointments.
In addition, the Tax Lock Box located in the lobby of the municipal building is accessible during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
Residents with non-urgent business are requested to contact Township staff via email or phone.
Click Here for Township Staff Contact List.
State Announces New Mitigation Efforts
Wolf Administration COVID-19 Announcements:
- Protecting The Health Care System, New Traveler Testing Order, Strengthened Masking Order, Recommendations For Colleges And Universities.
Click Here to read 11/17/2020 Press Release.
- As COVID-19 Cases Reach Critical Levels, Wolf Admin Announces New Mitigation Efforts.
Click Here to read 11/23/2020 Press Release.
- Restaurant Indoor Dining Capacity May Increase Jan. 4 to 25 Percent or 50 Percent if Self-Certified
Click Here to read 01/02/2021 Press Release.
- PA Department of Health Orders Additional COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies
Click Here to read 11/25/2020 Press Release.
ATTENTION CONCORD RESTAURANT OWNERS!!
On June 1, 2020, Township Council finalized Resolution 38-2020 to assist Concord Township restaurant owners; allowing for temporary outdoor dining during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
An application must be filed. Fees are waived. Temporary permits have been extended to August 1, 2021.
To ensure receipt, business owners are requested to email their applications to all both processing staff members: Maureen Kelly and Christina Mahoney.
For more information, please see the below helpful links:Concord Township Information:
- Small Business Portal
- Unanimously adopted by Township Council at their April 6, 2021 Public Meeting, the COVID Emergency Declaration has been extended to August 1, 2021.
- Continuity of Business Operations Plan - November 30, 2020
Beginning November 30th, the Township building will be open to visitors for essential business only.
- Resolution 31-2020: Emergency Declaration for Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic
- Delco Strong: Rapid Response Grant available to assist local businesses directly affected by recent mitigation efforts - online application window Dec. 18 - 29.
Delaware County Council Press Release of 12/18/2020
- Delaware County Council Press Release of 11/25/2020
PA Department of Health Orders Additional COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies
- The County has created a website dedicated to information on the Coronavirus, including prevention, resources and a FAQ section with link to the PA Health Department and CDC, visit www.delcopa.gov/ich/resources/coronavirus.html
- Food Assistance Interactive Map
- Delaware County COVID-19 Case Map
- Guide to Local Carry-Out Establishments
- CARES Housing Assistance Program
- Rent and Utility Assistance for those impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Residents are encouraged to register for the DelcoAlert notification system which alerts residents of updates and emergencies. You can register here: www.delcopa.gov/delcoalert/delcoalert.html
- The Delaware County Telehealth Helpline has been set up to provide emotional support to the Delaware County community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Residents may be going through a range of emotions right now due to fear, isolation and health and economic circumstances. The Telehealth Helpline is operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Individuals working or living in Delaware County can call 855-464-9342 to speak to a Certified Peer Specialist or a Mental Health Professional. The call is confidential and may be anonymous if the caller prefers.
- Grocery Help For Seniors:
During the COVID-19 pandemic, The County of Delaware Services for the Aging (COSA) and Community Transit are partnering to offer seniors an alternative to in-person grocery shopping. Community Transit drivers are available to get grocery lists and payment from seniors and shop and deliver their items. Seniors can stay safely in their homes. The cost of shopping and delivery will be subsidized by COSA.
To contact Community Transit for this service, call 215-900-2519 or email GroceryDropOff@CTDelco.org
Do you have questions about COVID-19?
Delaware County has partnered with Chester County’s Department of Health to provide a wide range of services to specifically address the corona virus.
For more information on the Covid-19 outbreak, and the new resources available from our Health Partners in Chester County, visit https://www.delcopa.gov/ich/resources/coronavirus.html.
You can also call our joint Health Department Hotline at 610-344-6225 and follow the phone prompts to get help. Trained staff are answering calls 7 days a week from 8:30am-4:30pm.
At any time, residents and businesses can contact the Greater Philadelphia Corona virus Helpline at 1 800 722-7112 for Corona virus information.
Delaware County Council encourages all residents to follow the Stay at Home order in effect and do their part by staying informed, alert and healthy.
- PA Health Department, visit health.pa.gov
- For the daily COVID-19 Report, visit here
- PA Senate Bill 841 - providing flexibility to local governments and businesses
- State Announces New Mitigation Efforts
- Pennsylvanians Can Now Use COVID Alert PA App When Traveling to NY, NJ, DE
- Certify My Business - The online self-certification form for COVID compliant businesses is now open on the Pennsylvania COVID website: https://www.pa.gov/covid/business-unites/certify-my-restaurant/
- CARES Act Financial Assistance Available for Renters and Homeowners: Beginning on July 6, Pennsylvania residents can apply for the CARES Act Rent or Mortgage Relief Program being offered by the Pennsylvania Housing Finance. Visit PHFA.org.
- COVID-19 Crisis Line for First Responders & Healthcare Workers:
Megellan Health recently opened a free national crisis line for all first responders and healthcare professionals who are serving on the front lines of the pandemic.
The hotline is open 24 hours a day and connects callers directly to licensed mental health clinicians for support. The toll-free number is 1-800-327-7451 (TTY 711).
- CDC’s situation summary page for COVID-19 provides the latest updates on source, spread, response, and recommendations.
- CDC’s frequently asked questions and answers on COVID-19.
- CDC’s latest COVID-19 prevention and treatment guidance for individuals.
- CDC’s prevention steps for the spread of Coronavirus in homes and residential communities.
- CDC’s guidance for businesses and employers to plan and respond to Coronavirus.