last updated: 06/25/2020
August 4th Council Public Meeting
The August 4th Council Meeting will be open to the public with limited occupancy following the state and CDC guidelines. All attending are required to wear masks and adhere to social distancing requirements.
Visit the Agendas & Minutes page for meeting information.
ATTENTION CONCORD RESTAURANT OWNERS!!
On June 1, 2020, Township Council finalized Resolution 38-2020 to assist Concord Township restaurant owners; allowing for temporary outdoor dining during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
An application must be filed. Fees are waived. Temporary permit will expire on October 15, 2020.
To ensure receipt, business owners are requested to email their applications to all three processing staff members: Susan Fox, Maureen Kelly, and Christina Mahoney.
Delaware County Goes Green
Beginning June 26th, the Concord Township Municipal Building is open to conduct normal business; however, it's continuing to follow the recommended state and CDC guidelines with township staff working in the building and telecommuting on alternating schedules. All visitors and staff are required to follow safety protocols when entering the building. Visitors are reminded to wear face masks, keep social distance, and adhere to all signage posted at the municipal building. Please make appointments with the Building & Codes department for permit applications. Residents with non-urgent business are encouraged to contact Township staff via email or phone.
Township park facilities, including Playgrounds, are opening June 26th. All visitors are required to adhere to posted signage. While many facilities are open, please note that the new Dog Park located at Smithbridge Community Park, and the new Pickleball courts located on the Municipal Building Complex will not be open at this time. Grand Opening events are being planned for mid-July as these new projects are nearing completion. Stay tuned for further details.
Click Here for guidelines during the Green Phase.
For more information, please see the below helpful links:Concord Township Information:
- Concord Township Press Release 05/13/2020
- Continuity of Business Plan 05/15/2020
- Concord Township Tax Information Postcard 04/24/2020
- Proclamation 04/24/2020: Deferment of 2020 Municipal Tax Payments
- Concord Township Press Release 04/24/2020
- Continuity of Business Plan - Update 04/24/2020
- Concord Township Press Release 04/09/2020
- Continuity of Business Plan - Update 04/09/2020
- Notice regarding Land Development & Plan Review Applications 04/03/2020
- Small Business Portal
- Concord Banks - Hours of Operation - as of 04/07/2020
- Concord Grocery Stores & Pharmacies - as of 04/08/2020
- Concord Restaurants - House of Operation - as of 04/09/2020
- Concord Township Press Release 03/27/2020
- Continuity of Business Plan - Update 03/27/2020
- Concord Township Press Release 03/17/2020
- Resolution 31-2020: Emergency Declaration for Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic
- YouTube Video of March 17, 2020 Special Meeting
- Continuity of Business Plan
- Concord Township Press Release 03/15/2020
- The County has created a website dedicated to information on the Coronavirus, including prevention, resources and a FAQ section with link to the PA Health Department and CDC, visit www.delcopa.gov/ich/resources/coronavirus.html
- Food Assistance Interactive Map
- Delaware County COVID-19 Case Map
- Guide to Local Carry-Out Establishments
- Residents are encouraged to register for the DelcoAlert notification system which alerts residents of updates and emergencies. You can register here: www.delcopa.gov/delcoalert/delcoalert.html
- The Delaware County Telehealth Helpline has been set up to provide emotional support to the Delaware County community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Residents may be going through a range of emotions right now due to fear, isolation and health and economic circumstances. The Telehealth Helpline is operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Individuals working or living in Delaware County can call 855-464-9342 to speak to a Certified Peer Specialist or a Mental Health Professional. The call is confidential and may be anonymous if the caller prefers.
- Grocery Help For Seniors:
During the COVID-19 pandemic, The County of Delaware Services for the Aging (COSA) and Community Transit are partnering to offer seniors an alternative to in-person grocery shopping. Community Transit drivers are available to get grocery lists and payment from seniors and shop and deliver their items. Seniors can stay safely in their homes. The cost of shopping and delivery will be subsidized by COSA.
To contact Community Transit for this service, call 215-900-2519 or email GroceryDropOff@CTDelco.org
Do you have questions about COVID-19?
Delaware County has partnered with Chester County’s Department of Health to provide a wide range of services to specifically address the corona virus.
For more information on the Covid-19 outbreak, and the new resources available from our Health Partners in Chester County, visit https://www.delcopa.gov/ich/resources/coronavirus.html.
You can also call our joint Health Department Hotline at 610-344-6225 and follow the phone prompts to get help. Trained staff are answering calls 7 days a week from 8:30am-4:30pm.
At any time, residents and businesses can contact the Greater Philadelphia Corona virus Helpline at 1 800 722-7112 for Corona virus information.
Delaware County Council encourages all residents to follow the Stay at Home order in effect and do their part by staying informed, alert and healthy.
- PA Health Department, visit health.pa.gov
- For the daily COVID-19 Report, visit here
- PA Senate Bill 841
- CARES Act Financial Assistance Available for Renters and Homeowners: Beginning on July 6, Pennsylvania residents can apply for the CARES Act Rent or Mortgage Relief Program being offered by the Pennsylvania Housing Finance. Visit PHFA.org.
- COVID-19 Crisis Line for First Responders & Healthcare Workers:
Megellan Health recently opened a free national crisis line for all first responders and healthcare professionals who are serving on the front lines of the pandemic.
The hotline is open 24 hours a day and connects callers directly to licensed mental health clinicians for support. The toll-free number is 1-800-327-7451 (TTY 711).
- PA Liquor Control Board has mandated the cease of food and alcohol sales for on-premises consumption until further notice. Non-compliance will result in citations and/or license suspension. Click Here to see press release.
- ALL NON-LIFE-SUSTAINING BUSINESSES IN PENNSYLVANIA TO CLOSE PHYSICAL LOCATIONS AS OF 8 PM THURSDAY, MARCH 19TH TO SLOW SPREAD OF COVID-19. Click Here for more information.
- CDC’s situation summary page for COVID-19 provides the latest updates on source, spread, response, and recommendations.
- CDC’s frequently asked questions and answers on COVID-19.
- CDC’s latest COVID-19 prevention and treatment guidance for individuals.
- CDC’s prevention steps for the spread of Coronavirus in homes and residential communities.
- CDC’s guidance for businesses and employers to plan and respond to Coronavirus.